Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You have my art supplies.

I am going to post my real note in a moment, but I wanted to ask for a bit of help on an art creation that I have been thinking of. Many of you likely received gift cards over the holidays, strange things that they are, and by this time in the new year you are possibly spending them a bit. For some reason I accumulate gift cards rapidly and spend them at such a slow pace that I needed to remove them from my wallet because I couldn't shut it anymore.
I would like to make a gift card mosaic, and though I have a number of my own gift cards they will not cover a whole canvas, even when I do spend them. So, if you are interested, I would like you to save your USED gift cards from the cashiers when they are finished (they are not going to be recycled at the stores) and give or send them to me when you have the chance. Some gift cards have pretty nifty designs, so I am interested to see how I can utilize all of the pieces
When I complete my mosaic I will put it up on the blog and let you know how it went.
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an artistic thing to do with gift cards. I will send you the cards I don't give away for state toll payments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accidentally almost gave an art supply to some random person standing behind a counter in Walgreens. Good thing my wife was there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. So tell me what you're thinking!
(If you comment on older posts I will see them too and do my best to reply!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...